Becoming a Manager Trainee
Most 84 Associates start their career as a Manager Trainee and quickly work their way “up the ladder.” 84 Lumber’s front-loaded, on-the-job training program provides a solid foundation of building industry knowledge and business management practices. After attending training and completing the self-paced learning program, 84 Lumber rewards you with your first career advancement and eligibility for promotion. Within a relatively short period of time, successful Manager Trainees are promoted to various positions within the company, including management roles in our stores or positions at Team Headquarters in Government Sales, Web Sales, Purchasing, Pricing, Operations, and more. Your opportunities for growth in this company are endless.
We are proud that we promote to our Management team nearly 100% from within. Simply stated, you create your own future at 84 Lumber!
- Selling and loading building materials and supplies
- Managing your area of responsibility within the store
- Creating material estimates
- Creating and maintaining your personal Trade Relations Program
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Maintaining and merchandising inventory
- Working toward becoming a future Store Manager
- Attend training at Team Headquarters
- Complete self-paced learning program within the first 6 months of employment
Join Our Talent Network
Didn’t see the exact job you were looking for? Then stay connected to see new job openings as they become available. Join our Talent Network to stay informed about future opportunities at 84 Lumber.Join Now