THE 5 W’S OF SEDIMENT CONTROL:
- WHO uses these products? Landscapers, excavators, drillers, energy services, residential and commercial construction, homebuilders, and many others!
- WHAT is sediment control? A practice or device designed to keep eroded soil on a construction site, so that it does not wash off and cause water pollution to a nearby stream, river, lake, or sea.
- WHERE is it being used? Anywhere that land is being disturbed. Checks are installed in channels, on slopes, or to protect inlets.
- WHEN do you use these products? At the onset of land being moved, during a project, and after the initial construction is completed.
- WHY do we need to control sediment? To avoid fines and preserve the earth’s natural resources.
With increasing requirements from federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, it is critical to control job site sediment!